Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/09/2017.

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: Pain on the other side now

hockeycatgirl - Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:24 pm

Last month I went to the ER with verydeep left flank pain. I was given a CT-normal. Bloodwork normal,urine normal. The dr figures it was a renal spasm-sent me home with Lortabs-pain went away in just over 24 hours. Today I had a nasty pain-just one-in the right flank. I was just seen this morning by my dr for a checkup-i've been dealing with depression/anxiety. He even tapped that area-nothing hurt or anything. Should I just watch this??? I've had any number of ct scans-had my gall bladder removed last December. I've also had an upper and lower GI-normal. Ive turned 40-am I just getting old???? Could use some advise.
 lilith - Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:59 pm

i couldnt sleep last night due to a very sharp pain that started on the left side of my body, around the back lower part of my ribs and to the side. i have no idea what this could be. the pain gets real sharp sometimes and at times its really light. but its been there for almost 12 hours. it hurts when i move, when i breathe in, when i burp. i don't want to go to the emergency room if its not necessary (i hate hospitals). but i don't know, should i be worried?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us