Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/09/2017.

Forum Name: Nephrology Symptoms

Question: Cipro may not be working?

JoyS - Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:33 pm

Have been taking Cipro since Friday after seeing my regular physician re: pain in lower left back and temperature around 100F. Pain in my back is no better, and may in fact be worse. Am still running a temperature (about 99-100). Is there something this could be besided a kidney infection? Pain is so bad I cannot sleep at night.

I have had an ovary removed after a tumor engulfed it. I am concerned I may be having similar problem now, is that possible?

Thank you!

Joy
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:49 am

User avatar Joy,
Have you done a urine microscopic analysis and a urine culture and sensitivity test? How have these turned out?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us