Medical Specialty >> Nephrology

Doctors Lounge - Nephrology Answers

Back to Nephrology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/09/2017.

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Nephrology Topics

Question: Kidney Tissue

Lexa - Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:01 am

I stared getting unbearable pain on my left lover back and at the front just under my rig cage. It started one night 3 years ago and after 2 hours it went away. 6 months later again one evening the same thing and 6 months after it came back and has never gone away. I went to A&E and I was given an X-Ray which showed that I had 1 big stone lodged in the tube to my bladder. I was told I needed surgery to remove it. I asked if I could have Lithotripsy instead but was told I couldn’t due to my pelvis being in the way. I also had a Urine infection that would not clear up and was given antibiotics for that. I had the surgery under General Anesthetic and woke up with bad news. I was told they could not grip it and that it was stuck to the wall of the tube and that I needed to have Lithotripsy. I was fuming because I had gone through the whole surgery for nothing. I had Lithotripsy and it was sorted. I now believe that this stone was found by luck and that there is something else wrong as I still have these pains that are constantly there and now on both sides. I was sent for an Ultrasound Scan which showed that the tissue surrounding my left Kidney was extremely thinner then my right. I was not told what this would mean. I was given a follow up appointment and the Doctor said the stone is gone now you are fine. I told him the pains have nothing to do with that stone and he sent me for a pelvic and abdomen CT Scan. I am waiting to be called for the results. I have now started to get pains in my chest and severe heartburn. Please can you tell me what could be wrong so I can take this to my Doctors and tell them to rule these possibilities out. I am desperate.
 Lexa - Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:05 am

I am 25 years old and married.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us