Pregnancy Category B
Mechanism of action
Anticholinergic, chemically related to atropine, which blocks vagally mediated reflexes by antagonizing the action of acetylcholine.
- Bronchodilator for maintenance treatment of bronchospasm associated with COPD
- Hypersensitivity to atropine or its
- Acute episodes of bronchospasm.
Use caution in the presence of narrow-angle glaucoma, prostatic hypertrophy, bladder neck obstruction, pregnancy, lactation.
- CNS: Nervousness, dizziness, headache, fatigue, insomnia, blurred vision
- GI: Nausea, GI distress, dry mouth
- Respiratory: Cough, exacerbation of symptoms, hoarseness
- Other: Palpitations, rash
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.