Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: cancer?

sophie1 - Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:19 am

[b]
I have a growth on the back of my leg. i have had it for about 6 years and i am always to scared to get it removed. It is a dark pink in colur and come to a point. recently it has been growing under the skin where i can not see it and has now grown to 2cm across. there is also a small white spot on the 'point'. is this cancer?????

Sex:female
Past diagnoses: growth
Family history: no one else has had this
Current medications: doctor has written a letter to hospital but nothing has been done.

gr1701 - Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:00 pm

I am no expert by any means but I wouldn't have thought that a cancerous growth would have any kind of head to it.
Also, I remember reading at work on a poster that if a growth is quite symetrical then it is probably benign.
You should just get it checked anyway - especially if getting bigger. It could just be a cyst of muscle tear and it would put ure mind at rest.
Hope that's a little help.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us