Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: intermittent sharp headaches with pain around eye socket

nelly145 - Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:16 am

I am 21, female, in general good health. For the past week I have had intermittent, sharp, sticking headaches in the left side temple area, right over a vein that I can feel there. If I lay on that side, the sticking pain returns almost instantly. Other times it comes and goes at random. Also at times there is a "sore" pain in the top of my eye socket on that side. I think I may have TMJ, as the left side of the jaw pops and clicks, but I'm not sure if this headache is characteristic. I very much worry about it being an aneurysm, but I heard they usually do not have symptoms. Any ideas? Thank you!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:38 am

User avatar Hi nelly145,
Symptoms that may be associated with TMJ, aside from the painful clicking in the jaw, face and neck pain, may also include for example, headaches, earaches, dizziness, and hearing problems. I would however suggest that you inform your physician of these symptoms so that the actual causative factor may be determined.