Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: Facial swelling as a symptom of facial neuralgias?

kristina39 - Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:56 pm

Good afternoon. I was wondering if you could tell me if facial swelling and swelling of the cheekbone is a symptom of any of the facial neuralgias that are out there. And if so, if a person were to try the prescription nerve pills, such as Neurontin, does that bring the facial and bone swelling down? Please, please please, an answer would be appreciated before tomorrow morning at 10AM Central Time because I am going in to see an Oral Surgeon to have a molar removed to see if that will eliminate the facial/tooth/gum area around an extraction site pain that I have been experiencing.

Thank you so much in advance and hope to hear back from a specialist very soon.

Blessings,

Kristina
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:50 am

User avatar Typically neuralgias are more symptomatic with pain rather than swelling. I would be suspicious of another cause of your symptoms.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Best wishes.