Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: fever & disabilty to walk, stand, run, climb stairs

aali3 - Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:11 am

Name: Wajeeha Annie Asghar
Gender: Female
Date of birth: 07 Oct, 1989
Nationality: Pakistani
Born in: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Parents: both close relatives, both from Karachi, Pakistan
Family history: No-one has such a disability on either side (maternal or paternal)
My problem is:
Whenever I suffer through fever I become unable to walk, before I used to hav dis weakness in my legs only but the second last time I had this fever I even got this weakness to hands n I could not even hold a spoonful of soup in my hands!!
I still face this problem most of times when I catch fever. Now I have been getting this problem since I was 5-6 yrs (my mom tells). And I continue to hav this prob till now when I m 18. I hav got all kinds of blood tests, urine analysis, ESRs, EMRs, hematology, motor nerve conductions.
I used to get cured from this disease without any medications and without any exercise in about 3-5 years (but not normally).
Even an healthy person catches fever once in an year or two years, but it’s bad 4 me to catch fever!! It has really badly, very badly affected my academic career. And I don’t go outside because of my problem.
Please contact me Sir and help me n ask whatever tests u want, do u need the old ones or I need to do a new one?, how old or how new should the tests be?, because I hav got gud medical facilities, so it maybe possible for me to get those tests/xrays prescribed by you.
And yes, I hv also gained a lot of weight during my last disability due to being sitting all the time.
For the first time, I was jus prescribed nurobion & Mobic by my doctor when I was 14, otrwise most of them din’t prescribe nething.
Then when I got serious, I was given human immunoglobulin in huge amounts at hospital!!!, when I was discharged they prescribed me high doses of Prednisonol, ultralan and augmentin.
After that, I got discouraged and got fedup of reguar follow-ups and no recovery so iasked my parents to leave the treatments.
I was suggested a Biopsy (minor surgery) but dint take it, and I was done a bone-marrow test too.
Would be grateful f you pls contact me and help me in this regard. Whoever doctor I ask to diagnose my problem, they fail to diagnose it. And end up saying nothing!
no current medications
Please help and make me help better. U r my last hope.
Thanking you in anticipation

Bye
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:50 pm

User avatar Your symptoms are quite perplexing. I cannot explain them completely. It sounds as if you've had quite a work up.

My best recommendation to you is to see a rheumatologist. Your symptoms are quite suggestive of an antibody related illness. The rheumatologist are the specialists of such illnesses.

Sorry I am not of much more help. I do hope that you are able to find a diagnosis. Keep us updated.