Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: Lump on head and unpleasant symptoms

justjodi - Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:01 am

About 3 weeks ago I noticed a small pea sized lump on the back of my head. It is located at around three inches left of my left ear and about 2 1/2 inches above my hair line. Over the past 3 weeks it has grown to about the ize of a 5 pence peice in width and is also growing outward.

It is causing some discomfort, like I have bumped my head or something. I have also been experiencing in the past 2 weeks some mild to severe headaches and blurred vision. I have also been seeing a lot of black spots floating in front of my eyes and also I keep thinking I can see things out of the corner of my eye, like something shooting past me. I have also been getting easily confused and misreading a lot of things which is unlike me.

I don't know if it is something to worry about or not, perhaps it is just a cyst or a lymph node? My brother, about 2 years ago had a brain hemaearoughe (there was mention of a stroke but I don't really know what that was) and my mum has had 3 strokes since I was born.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:52 pm

User avatar It is possible that the lump is a small lymph node or an epidermoid cyst. However, with your other symptoms of visual disturbances I would strongly advise you to see your doctor. You may need some imaging of the area such as a CT or MRI to help determine what is going on.