Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Lump on head and unpleasant symptoms

justjodi - Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:01 am

About 3 weeks ago I noticed a small pea sized lump on the back of my head. It is located at around three inches left of my left ear and about 2 1/2 inches above my hair line. Over the past 3 weeks it has grown to about the ize of a 5 pence peice in width and is also growing outward.

It is causing some discomfort, like I have bumped my head or something. I have also been experiencing in the past 2 weeks some mild to severe headaches and blurred vision. I have also been seeing a lot of black spots floating in front of my eyes and also I keep thinking I can see things out of the corner of my eye, like something shooting past me. I have also been getting easily confused and misreading a lot of things which is unlike me.

I don't know if it is something to worry about or not, perhaps it is just a cyst or a lymph node? My brother, about 2 years ago had a brain hemaearoughe (there was mention of a stroke but I don't really know what that was) and my mum has had 3 strokes since I was born.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:52 pm

User avatar It is possible that the lump is a small lymph node or an epidermoid cyst. However, with your other symptoms of visual disturbances I would strongly advise you to see your doctor. You may need some imaging of the area such as a CT or MRI to help determine what is going on.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us