Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: 2 years, from headaches, blurred vision, lightheadedness

 ToddFriendly - Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:25 pm

Hi,I am a 25 year old male,with no past diagnoses or surgeries. My family history of illnesses is clean.I am suffering daily for 2 years, from headaches,blurred vision,lightheadedness,tachycardia,palpitations,heat intolerance,neck and spine pain. I have seen a cardiologist,neurologist,endocronologist,ENT,allergist,opthalmologist,and chiropractor.I have had 24 hr holter monitor,tilt table test,ekg,eng,adrenaline test,thyroid test,blood glucose test,MRI of head and neck,CT scan of head and temporal bone echocardiogram and many others.I have never had a Spinal tap or GI workup done though.I am currently on a beta-blocker for the palpitations and tachycardia.This problem is really taking a toll on everything now.I don't know were else to go for an answer.If you can help it would be very much appreciated,what you people do is amazing.Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:21 pm

User avatar You have certainly exhausted the physical evaluations. At this point I would recommend a psychological work up. There are real physical illnesses that are the result of brain chemicals. Seeing a therapist and/or psychiatrist could help uncover any possible problems along this line. There are effective treatments so it is definitely worthwhile to check it out.

Aside from this, I am at a loss. Even if you don't find the cause, perhaps you could learn some therapies to help ease the symptoms. Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us