Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: heat headache, seen dr

2hot4me - Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:31 am

I'm a 38 yr old female. I've had headaches 3+ times/wk my whole life. I've been to many drs. Neurologists, allergists, endocrinologists. Had lots of thyroid bloodwork, MRI you name it. I've had some problems with human error in my labwork and my insurance is nearly used up. The trigger seems to be heat. Whenever I get slightly hot, due to weather, exercise I get a horrible headache behind my eyes that doesn't go away till I get up the next morning. It gets so bad I sometimes vomit and am useless the rest of the day. It doens't appear to be thyroid, I tested neg for all auto-immune disorders, My creatnine was high, but I don't remember what other values were off-that one was the most significant.
I've not been able to find any patterns except that they are usually caused by heat and always behing my eyes. Thank you.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:34 pm

User avatar Hi 2hot4me,

Your headaches make me suspicious that you may be having migraines triggered by the heat.

You may want to talk to your doctor or a neurologist about trying a migraine prophylaxis medicine to see if this can help prevent your headaches.