Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: Awful aching in arms!

missny07 - Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:35 pm

I am a 23 year old female with hypothyroidism that is currently under control with synthroid. For about the past month I have had on and off aching in both of my arms. Sometimes in one, sometimes in both. It is so painful I cannot use the arm affected at the time. I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I also have extreme fatigue in the middle of the day. Please help me figure out what is wrong, my arms ache so bad! Thank you!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:00 pm

You may want to read about fibromyalgia and see if it sounds like what you are experiencing. It often travels with chronic fatigue syndrome as well. You may also benefit from some arm exercises (not to extreme). An exercise physiologist might be able to help you find something that could be beneficial along these lines.

Pain like this can be very frustrating but often even unexplained conditions can be managed. If you don't get relief on your own, consider seeing a rheumatologist. Good luck.