Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: Aura&difficulty to recollect words from memory&small

zcyberghost - Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:19 am

1. Age-23
2. Sex-Male
3. Past diagnoses-Eye Specialist
4. Past surgeries-None
5. Family history-None
6. Current Medications-None

I have a history of uneasiness with small headache, which the doctors say is a migraine.

These situations actually started when i was in my 6th grade. Then they used to occur every 2-3 years. But recently I have been having this at intervals of 6 months, or 2 months. The symptoms of this are- difficulty to see clearly, or I can focus only at the centre point of my field of vision, (yesterday I witnessed a shiny watery arc in the north west corner of my field of vision). During some occurrences, I would have difficulty to speak (ie, i cannot remember the right words, even if they are the most commonly used names or places or streets). Normally these situation would last for a maximum of 2 hours and would be over after a good sleep. Sometimes after the sleep, I get this feeling that my head feels heavy.

I have visited the eye specialist couple of times due to increased number of floaters in both eyes. I have been diagnosed and said that floaters were normal.

Please guide me to find the problem and to who I should meet for further analysis.

Thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:14 pm

User avatar Hi Zcyberghost,

With a past history of migraines it is very likely that these episodes are a form of migraine known as an atypical migraine. Sometimes Basilar artery migraines can produce symptoms like this.

Another possibility is a focal seizure.

I would recommend you discuss these symptoms with a neurologist to see if further testing is needed.

zcyberghost - Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:14 am

Dear Dr. Chan Lowe,

Thank you for your reply. I am planning to have a complete checkup soon.

Thank you once again
zcyberghost