Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Burning headache

DeLovelyEmma - Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:08 am

Hello, i am 17 years old, female, and i am not on any medications. I have a 1 year old and i have no gone swimming (I heard about some bug that eats your brain contracted from pools)

My problem is i have a headache that burns... Like when i tilt my head it feels as though acid is burning my brain running down the path that i tilted towards. Just out of no where my head will throb and pound and burn... I'm not sensitive to sound or lights... This is the weirdest most painful headache i ever had...

The headache started a day before i started my period and this is the second day of this headache. My vision is fine but it does hurt to look at a computer screen.

Thank you in advance!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:31 pm

This certainly sounds painful. If you do not get relief for a headache with rest, pain relievers such as acetaminophen and you aren't having blood sugar problems, you should probably get it checked out. A severe headache like this could signal some kind of problem, or it could be a migraine. In any case, seeing a doctor should help you to rule out serious concerns at least and at best perhaps you can get some relief.