Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Burning headache

DeLovelyEmma - Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:08 am

Hello, i am 17 years old, female, and i am not on any medications. I have a 1 year old and i have no gone swimming (I heard about some bug that eats your brain contracted from pools)

My problem is i have a headache that burns... Like when i tilt my head it feels as though acid is burning my brain running down the path that i tilted towards. Just out of no where my head will throb and pound and burn... I'm not sensitive to sound or lights... This is the weirdest most painful headache i ever had...

The headache started a day before i started my period and this is the second day of this headache. My vision is fine but it does hurt to look at a computer screen.

Thank you in advance!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:31 pm

User avatar Hello,
This certainly sounds painful. If you do not get relief for a headache with rest, pain relievers such as acetaminophen and you aren't having blood sugar problems, you should probably get it checked out. A severe headache like this could signal some kind of problem, or it could be a migraine. In any case, seeing a doctor should help you to rule out serious concerns at least and at best perhaps you can get some relief.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us