Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Thinking MS

Mom32 - Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:06 pm

I am a 32 year old woman in good health, with 3 small children. I've had no surgeries, and my only med is 100mg zoloft for mild ppd.
About 8 years ago I had an episode of a hole in the vision of my right eye. It resolved after several hours, and I hoped that was the end of it.
About a year ago I started having annoying, almost painful tingling on the left side of my back from the spine to the shoulder blade. I kept asking my husband if the skin looked strange there, and after a while I just began to live with it.
Then last winter when I was pregnant with our 3rd baby, I had another brief episode of a hole in the vision of my right eye. I was alarmed, but it again resolved itself in short order.
Now I'm starting to feel like I'm falling apart. The tingling in my back is worse, and I now have tingling on my scalp and face, in my arms and legs and especially my left hand. I have burning in my feet, experience more and more frequent vertigo, and I often feel confused. It's especially frustrating when I can't remember what I was going to do 2 minutes ago or can't recall the meaning of a common word.
All of these symptoms wax and wane--and just when I think it was all my imagination--they come back and bring a new one with them!
Should I be suspicious of MS? Or should I wait to see if more symptoms appear before going in to see a physician?
Thank you.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:30 pm

User avatar Hi Mom32,

Multiple sclerosis could account for these symptoms. I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation. You may need some imaging studies such as an MRI.

Best wishes.
 Mom32 - Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:33 am

This helps in my decision. It's just tough when one day you have no symptoms! I'd hate to go through unneccessary testing.
Thanks again for your time.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us