Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Dried blood on skull?

nescrew - Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:15 am

I'm an 18 year old female. I've never had surgery and my family is healthy, I take no medications.

When I was 14, I was hit by a city transit bus. I was hospitalized and was seeing doctors for 3 years. I had constant headaches and it seemed like the nevere had a cure. I had 3 different neurologists. One said I was fine, we wanted a second opinion the other said I had a concusion still, from 2 years ago. Which seemed odd to me. And the third told me I had dried blood on my skull and the reason my memory would fade or I'd get lost in a conversation was because the dry blood would scratch my brain. It all seemed weird to me. They didn't help me at all, even after five MRI's on my brain.
I get severe headaches a lot, my vision has been horrible and sometimes I see dots. I get this weird ringing noise, almost like I am deaf, but I am not...I come close to fainting a lot, and can't seem to move too much without that feeling. I've hurt myself before from falling. And I've also had many panic attacks and I believe I had a stroke before. I wasn't taken to the hospital because of money. And now I haven't gone to doctors because of money either.
Could there be something seriously wrong with me? I know you can't diagnose me with anything. But what could the possibilities be? I didn't think dry blood or a concusion could last 4 years...I just don't know how much more of the headaches I can handle..or the forgetfullness.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:18 pm

User avatar Usually concussion is a short-term event with total recovery, though there may be a link with future problems which has yet to be discovered. In about 15% of cases people experience post concussion syndrome and your symptoms would certainly suggest this could be happening.

I am not a neurologist and I would suggest you consult with one when you can.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us