Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: Numbless in right hand and leg / Loss of sight

elieh - Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:03 pm

1- Age 37
2- Sex female
3- My wife is getting nervous attacks; diagnostics didn't show any defect. Lately she is had numbness in right hand and leg after the nervous attack. After the last attack she had a loss of sight. one of the eyes is now normal but the second is still showing gray. Kindly advice us what should we do. and what about the sight in her second eye.
Thanks for your help.
4- No surgeries
5- During the last diagnostics, many tests were done like MRI, electrocardiography, encephalography, blood tests, and doctors checkups but nothing was noticed.
6- No current medications
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:49 pm

User avatar It sounds like you have covered all the bases for physical evaluation. I wonder if she might benefit from a psychiatric workup. Physical symptoms can result from deep-seated psychiatric concerns that she is not even aware of. If I were you I would try going this route.