Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: Constant eye twitching

maiden75 - Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:27 pm

I am a 28 year old female....

I have had a constant twitch under my right eye (in the "bag" of my eye) for about a week and it never seems to subside. I have gotten plenty of sleep, but I do have some high stress with a 5 month old baby and I'm about to go back to work. It has also made my cheek feel a little numb at times, but the numbness comes and goes, and my right nostril feels congested and like it's putting pressure around the eye. I also noticed my right hand seems to be clumsy (which also comes and goes) but I think it may be "all in my head" because I have read about serious causes of twitching and got VERY afraid...am I just paranoid? I can't stop thinking about it and I am worried that it is making it worse and causing symptoms I have read about just from being scared. Is it possible that it is just going to keep twitching until I stop worrying and that my worrying is causing "false" symptoms?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:58 pm

User avatar Hello maiden75,

Your symptoms may be the result of too much worrying especially that eye twitching is not a very specific symptom. However, because it is constant and because you are complaining of other symptoms that seem to be related, you should be examined as soon as possible. A neurologist would exclude the possibilities of a more serious cause for your complaints.
 teslee - Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:20 am

Recently, I was told that I have a Corneal Ulcer on my eye and need to see a specialist.
I don't have health insurance, so I have not seen a doctor. Well lately my eye has been twitching uncontrollably and burns so bad when I watch television or play video games that I can not see a thing. Is there anything that you could suggest to stop the pain and will this go away on its own?

Thank-you for your time.

Tammy