Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: sharp headaches

whereveriam - Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:57 pm

1. 27
2. male
3. no past diagnoses
4. no past surgeries
5. no family history
6. no current medications

So, I had posted a while back because I've been having problems with my memory. But lately, things have gotten worse.

I constantly have these sharp headaches, that come in bursts one after the other. they last for only a few seconds each time, but I can always pinpoint them to the same location, center of the left side of my head. I also feel exhausted every part of the day, no matter the amount of rest I get. My eyes are glassy, pinkish, and burn, as if I haven't slept, and i'm unable to concentrate or think clearly, and my vision is a bit blurry. When I try to think or remember anything, the headaches kick in. My eyes make it look like i'm stoned, and that's pretty much how I feel. I can't think or retain information.

About a month and a half ago I began taking Ginkgo Biloba, in an attempt to help with my memory problem, it didn't help and I haven't taken it in about 3 weeks now. the only other medication I've taken were sleeping pills. 1 dose about a week ago. though this problem has been on going for about 2 months now. My memory problem, longer.

All this has caused my grades to plummet, and is causing me a great deal of grief overall. I hope someone can please give me an idea of what I might do to regain my intellect. I am without an income so doctor visits are pretty much out of the question, unless someone can recommend a free/cheap alternative in the Southern California area.

Thank you for reading.

Alex
 whereveriam - Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:20 pm

I should probably mention, because it might be of importance... I wear ear plugs to sleep. I can't sleep without them. but I don't see any signs of infection.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us