Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: sharp headaches

whereveriam - Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:57 pm

1. 27
2. male
3. no past diagnoses
4. no past surgeries
5. no family history
6. no current medications

So, I had posted a while back because I've been having problems with my memory. But lately, things have gotten worse.

I constantly have these sharp headaches, that come in bursts one after the other. they last for only a few seconds each time, but I can always pinpoint them to the same location, center of the left side of my head. I also feel exhausted every part of the day, no matter the amount of rest I get. My eyes are glassy, pinkish, and burn, as if I haven't slept, and i'm unable to concentrate or think clearly, and my vision is a bit blurry. When I try to think or remember anything, the headaches kick in. My eyes make it look like i'm stoned, and that's pretty much how I feel. I can't think or retain information.

About a month and a half ago I began taking Ginkgo Biloba, in an attempt to help with my memory problem, it didn't help and I haven't taken it in about 3 weeks now. the only other medication I've taken were sleeping pills. 1 dose about a week ago. though this problem has been on going for about 2 months now. My memory problem, longer.

All this has caused my grades to plummet, and is causing me a great deal of grief overall. I hope someone can please give me an idea of what I might do to regain my intellect. I am without an income so doctor visits are pretty much out of the question, unless someone can recommend a free/cheap alternative in the Southern California area.

Thank you for reading.

Alex
 whereveriam - Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:20 pm

I should probably mention, because it might be of importance... I wear ear plugs to sleep. I can't sleep without them. but I don't see any signs of infection.