Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Recent panic attack - drowsy feeling

sosick2 - Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:13 pm

Following a recent panic attack(out of the blue) i had a few tests, which included a blood test thyroid hormone count,cardiology test and was also refferred to an eye doctor.

All came out fine except for the cardiology which was above or something.

I have this really weird drowsy feeling in my head for three days now after waking up from a weird headache the previous night.

Parts of the left side of my body feels weird from time to time and i have this weird feeling everytime i massage my catroid, and when i feel my thyroid i feel a need to gag. At times my heart rate seems fast or very slow and i seem short of breath.

No headaches of any sort,nor nausea

please help
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:11 am

User avatar Hi Sosick2,

It is a little unusual for panic attacks to be causing ongoing symptoms that you are describing. The brain is quite powerful and could produce symptoms like this (a condition known as a conversion disorder) so it is possible; however, I would recommend you follow up with your doctor.

Other possibilities include complex migraines, seizures, transient ischemic attacks or microstrokes.

Follow up will be important.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us