Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: Always Tucking Hands in Weird Positions - ?HELP

PRSJRH - Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:14 pm

Hi. I am a 27 y/o male. I have noticed for a long time now that I always seem to have my hands cramped in weird positions. When I am sitting on the couch at home, I always have them crammed between me and the couch, and when I sleep, they're always curled and crammed between me and pillows. They are rarely just laying next to me. Over much time now I am starting to have aches from the weird positions and was wondering if there is some neurologic disorder I might have. Please Help.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:52 am

User avatar Hi PRSJRH,

There are some conditions that can cause uncontrolled needs to move the hands or feet but what you are describing doesn't really fit these conditions. More likely, I would suspect that you have simply developed a habit that is now such a conditioned response that you don't even realize you are doing it. These habits can be hard to break but persistence usually works.