Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Banged Head

nickchatt - Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:34 pm

Hello,

Monday Morning i was in bed and i cannot have been very far from the wall i was half asleep and banged my head but i do not know how hard as i was half asleep it seemed to echo in my sleep though. ever since then i have had a headache im rather worried can you help.

Thank you,
nick
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:51 pm

User avatar Hi Nickchatt,

It's difficult to say for sure how much damage may have been done. Most likely there was not a significant amount of damage but if your headaches are ongoing I would suggest you see your doctor.

It is reasonable to try some pain control medicines that would be used for a typical headache if you have not tried this.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us