Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Headache since April 07, w/ inflamed blood vessels

ploppsdman - Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:39 am

29, M, the doctor I saw is assuming migraine but since the Imitrex he prescribed did nothing, he wants me to go to a neurologist. Nice suggestion, however not possible at this time (money being the reason).

The MRI w/ contrast of my brain came back normal. I've got a headache that is primarily localized in the right temple ( I feel it sometimes in the left temple, and forehead, but usually its in the right) and I have inflamed blood vessels in that right temple and under my eye. OTC nsaids do nothing or make things worse.

I decided to try some prednisone I had left from a lower back problem that cleared up about a month before the headaches began, but it had no effect (I assumed a inflamed nerve was to blame for the headaches). I have a family history of migraines, but those presented in typical fashion (light sensitivity, msg trigger) whereas this headache is constant and is not light/noise sensitive.

Just looking for suggestions here ... I'm trying yoga, aromatherapy, heat/ice packs ... but obviously not getting anywhere. I'm not using any medications.

Occasionally my neck will be sore, though thats not something that became a problem until a month or more after the headaches began.
 ploppsdman - Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:10 am

So, nothing to be said that could be helpful? Right now I'm going after the inflammation with 10 billion aspirin, because who cares about liver damage or rebound headaches (like I could tell the difference since Ive got a headache every second)...

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us