Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Headache since April 07, w/ inflamed blood vessels

ploppsdman - Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:39 am

29, M, the doctor I saw is assuming migraine but since the Imitrex he prescribed did nothing, he wants me to go to a neurologist. Nice suggestion, however not possible at this time (money being the reason).

The MRI w/ contrast of my brain came back normal. I've got a headache that is primarily localized in the right temple ( I feel it sometimes in the left temple, and forehead, but usually its in the right) and I have inflamed blood vessels in that right temple and under my eye. OTC nsaids do nothing or make things worse.

I decided to try some prednisone I had left from a lower back problem that cleared up about a month before the headaches began, but it had no effect (I assumed a inflamed nerve was to blame for the headaches). I have a family history of migraines, but those presented in typical fashion (light sensitivity, msg trigger) whereas this headache is constant and is not light/noise sensitive.

Just looking for suggestions here ... I'm trying yoga, aromatherapy, heat/ice packs ... but obviously not getting anywhere. I'm not using any medications.

Occasionally my neck will be sore, though thats not something that became a problem until a month or more after the headaches began.
 ploppsdman - Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:10 am

So, nothing to be said that could be helpful? Right now I'm going after the inflammation with 10 billion aspirin, because who cares about liver damage or rebound headaches (like I could tell the difference since Ive got a headache every second)...