Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: upper arm

 fieryglazer - Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi, i am currently 18/M this yr.

Recently, on my upper arm theres red patches, and at these patches, i experience a lost of sensation. i cant feel light touches, and i can only feel extreme pain mildly. pls help
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:40 pm

User avatar Hi Fieryglazer,

I'm a bit perplexed by this. There are many things that can cause red patches but I can't think of one that also causes numbness.

I would suggest you see your doctor for a direct evaluation. With rashes this really is the best way to get a proper diagnosis since so much of this relies on seeing the characteristics of the rash.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Best wishes.
 fieryglazer - Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:21 am

Hi, currently, the red patches have subsided, but i still experience numbness. would you tell me what diseases can cause the numbness only?


| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us