Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Headache

snypa07 - Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:15 am

Hello all, im new to this forum.

I've been suffering from a weird head ache for about a week. its not a huge head ache. its very slight, and it is very annoying. it goes around my head. sometimes it feel like something is poking in my head, and the back of my eyes hurts also slightly. I took pain killers such as Tylenol & Motrin, and i don't see any improvement. I've been freaking out, b/c i never had this before. it is my first time experience.

I would like to know what I should about this, and what exactly is causing this..
Any help would be appreciated. :)

thank you all.
 snypa07 - Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:29 am

btw i didnt give my details

sex: male
age: 20
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:13 pm

My guess is that you are having tension headaches, which are the most common type. Stress is believed to be a primary cause of these. You may have more luck treating this if you combine the pain reliever (in sufficient dosage to do the job, so go with the maximum allowed on the package) and some stress reduction. People have been successful with relaxation exercises or even just taking a 20 minute nap. This seems to give the best outcome - better than either activity alone (medication or rest). You can also learn some other relaxation techniques such as yoga or visualization.

We don't actually know the cause of the most common headaches but if they persist, you should see a doctor to rule out any underlying medical condition. You do want to be sure your blood pressure is in the range of normal.