Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Ringing in Ears, Extreme Photophobia, Sensitive to sound...

Paulm - Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:12 am

Extreme issues causing me grief and hard living.

Male
Age 53
Benicar 1- 20 mg per day
Klonopin - . 5 twice a day

In the last 4 weeks I have been having:

* Extreme photophobia
* Vision disturbancees
* High sensativity to artificial light, lessor with ambient light
* Ringing in my ears
* A feeling of getting ready to pass out but I never do
* Vertigo when I try to concentrate or get tense
* Comes in waves
* Get sick to the stomach mostly from PANIC making everything worse
* No I have no headaches but sometime get a very very very light headache above my eyes. Nothing fantastic

I have been able to keep things down to a dull roar by:

* Working less (Hope my employer doesn't mind)
* At work I get up to walk a half mile or more twice a day for it seems to calm down the symtoms.
* Bed rest works the best. Almost disappears completely

Most recently I've been experimenting and found 320mg Beyer Aspirin practically knocks out all the symtoms described. Did 320mg for a few days. Felt pretty good. Stopped taking the Beyer. Symptoms snuck back over a few day period so, took 2 320mg Beyer and it knock down the symptoms pretty good. Did the 2 320s for a few days.

Now I am maintaining myself on Beyer 81, twice a day becasue I don't think 2 320's a day is good for my kidney. I have one kidney, born with just one. It's in good shape last I had a check-up but I should be easy on it.

Thoughts please on whether I should get aggressive or maybe whatever it is will pass?

Your time is precious and I haven't got the words other then Thank You

Paulm
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:25 pm

User avatar Hi Paulm,

I would recommend that you see your doctor about this. This may be an inner ear infection. Less likely, it may be a side effect from one of your medications.

Evaluation by your doctor is important.

Best wishes.
 Paulm - Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:24 pm

Will do. Calling for appointment Wednesday. Thank you so much. Paulm.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us