Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Muscle atrophy (mild dystrophy in muscles)

 111 - Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:23 pm

I have problem with me muscles, which began when I'm in 18 years old, and my muscles become weakness from that time, I do many medical report and I see the CPK is very high which 500 and some time 700. I take Vitamins, Q10, and monohydrate.
If you need to see all report I will send it to you.
please can you describe to me my case, and if that any medical to it.
my medical report

Thanks a lot
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:42 pm

User avatar Hello 111,

With muscle atrophy and elevations of the CPK levels, one must consider muscular dystrophies as a possible cause. I would recommend you see a neurologist that specializes in neuromuscular disorders if possible. These subspecialists are the experts of these types of disorders.

I was not able to review your entire medical record. My knowledge of the specifics of these disorders is limited so I can't offer much more information for you.

Best wishes.
 111 - Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:41 pm

Thank you doctor

But in Palestine we don't have specializes in neuromuscular disorders, but I go to the neurologist, and I don't stop her only, I sent my medical report to Czech and the professor there say to me that doesn't have any medical but give me Q10, Monohaydrate (Protein) and vitamins.

thanks to you again

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us