Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Usual dosage for lymictal

GiulioGiammarco - Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:37 pm

what is the the dosage neurologists perscribe for grand mal seuzures?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:01 am

User avatar Hello GiulioGiammarco,

Dosing of lamictal depends on the other medications being used also. A typical dosing would be 100 or 200mg per day for adults. However, there is significant variability in medication dosing from person to person so please do not use this as a dose recommendation. Instead, the person taking this medicine should talk with the prescribing doctor about a proper person.

Best wishes.
 GiulioGiammarco - Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:46 pm

Thank you, i was curious because i recently moved from where i was diagnosed with epilepsy, and i got the packet. so i have to let my new physican know that. thats what dosage is in my packet.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us