Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: Narcotics Induced Hyperdrive

drub22boy - Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:05 pm

I smoked pot and drank coffee for about 17 hours straight. I fell into visual and auditory hallucinations. I then psyched myself out which made my brain "redline" if you will. In the days following: objects were lighter, audio was clearer, vision was sharper, all intelligences increased. My body would seemingly sometimes go numb while inactive, and I would have to wiggle my foot or something to make it go away. Some auditory hallucinations remained, but only on demand. My long-time lisp was solved. In the weeks following: both pot and alcohol acted like stimulants. I would get headaches at the back of my head, especially after exertion on the toilet. Three years later and after abstinence I seem to be back to "normal", but now I can't drink any alcohol without getting headaches.

Is it possible that my brain and/or nervous system is damaged permanently?
 Dr. A. Madia - Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:20 am

User avatar Not at all my dear, but since your body is giving you clear indication against alcohol, why do you want to drink it anyway, especially since you are doing so fine without them and had a stupendous will power to give the substances away!