Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: stabbing pain ion right side of head

kevtm1974 - Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:27 pm

I have been getting these stabbing pains in my head that feels like someone is stabbing me in the head usually last a about a minute or so, I also can't sleep on my back, cause when I try and lay on my back and shut my eye's I get dizzy like the room is spinning, I have had problems with my back and my neck, I am also waking up and having to go straight for the tylenol, sometimes I also feel pressure on the back of my head. I am just wondering what is causing the everyday headaches, and am also having constant ringing in my ear's.
 Dr. A. Madia - Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:01 am

I would strongly discourage going for your tylenol every morning you get up. All medicines have side effects and getting into a habit of constant painkiller is never a good thing.

I suggest you get in touch with your primary care physician and get a general health check up incliding Pulse, BP, general and systemic examination, routine blood and urine work up and any Xrays that might be indicated.

This will point to the reason of your pounding headaches, dizziness etc. Generally your kind of headahes are seen in people who have developed a recent high BP. On the other hand some gas, hyperacidity and dyspepsia can also be a known but unrecognized cause.

Take care,

Apurva