Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: Numbness, heat in upper body

sanmeyer - Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:49 pm

I am a 40 year old female.

For about five years now, I have had chronic inflammation, manifesting as heat in my chest and upper back, and numbness at the base of my head.

I have had rheumatology and blood tests, including a number of ANA tests, but the results have been normal so far.

Sometimes, it feels like I have a weight hanging around my chest and head muscles, and my ears constantly ring. This discomfort is with me all the time, regardless of whether I'm resting, working, etc.

I wonder whether I should be referred to a neurologist, instead of a rheumatologist? I go for monthly massages and have seen a chiropractor several times, but the situation seems to be getting worse.

SJM
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:53 pm

While I could only guess at what specifically is causing your symptoms, I do think it sounds definitely neurological in nature, and a consult with a neurologist would seem to be a logical next step.

Please follow up with us if you think of any further information and to let us know if you do see a neurologist, what is found.

Good luck to you.