Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: constant pain on back of my head

nssc82 - Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:42 pm

The short stabbing pain started around 6 month ago in the same spot of the back of my head, i had it every other week. since one week now this spot feels bruised when i touch it and the pain is not going away anymore its there constant now. i feel more dizzy than usually , feel shortly before fainting alot. also have started nausea. also have the same stabbing pain in my left chest started around the same time and decreased in frequency also. don't know if one has anything to do with the other. any suggestions, my family doctor doesnt do much but prescribing pain medicine.thank you in advance
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:40 am

User avatar Hi nssc82,
Have you had any labwork done to evaluate for electrolyte abnormalities? In some cases an abnormal sodium level (low sodium/hyponatremia) will produce symptoms of a severe stabbing pain or headache located in the back of the head, nausea/vomiting, weakness, fatigue, confusion etc. I of course am not implying that this is the causative factor for your symptoms however if you have not had any lab studies completed I would suggest that you discuss this matter with your physician.