Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: Is it ok to mix Picamilon with Glutamine ?

Bru023 - Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:39 pm

Im not sure if this post is in the right field but i am taking picamilon for anxiety help and was wondering if also taking a Glutamine supplement would be ok to mix they both are Brain foods. Picamilon is Gaba -mixed with niacin allowing it to cross the BBB , and the Glutamine is the precursor to Gaba ....Would i be over doing it or would it be a good safe mix? thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:37 pm

I am not familiar with picamilon, but it appears to be a nutritional supplement. As such, it is not studied and regulated for purity and efficacy by the FDA in the U.S. Therefore, we do not have scientific information about its safety when combined with other drugs either. I have not been able to find an objective study reporting its benefits though the makers of the supplement may have quite a bit of information. Most claims and reports come from user testimonials and the website representing the product.

This is not to imply it does not do what it claims; just that we can't objectively comment on its effects or interactions. You may be able to get more information on this through natural food stores and supplement suppliers.

Bru023 - Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:28 pm

yea that is the reason i am taking it i did days of research on the supplement and found no negative posts or info about it only positive all around so im trying it and it seems to have a slight xanax feel but just on the mind not the whole body . to my knowledge glutamine creats both Gaba and glutamic acid or glutamate . and i just want the gaba ... thank you doctor