Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: left corner of my head pains..

jilloo - Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:46 am

hi, i'm a 27 year old female, and i slipped thro' water and fell down in my floor (vitrified tiles) yesterday night, and got hit in my left side of my head..yesterday night i noticed a small bump in that area..but now there isn't any bump but that area is paining little.
i vomitted once at midnight..and i did'nt consult any doctor till now..is it necessary for me to consult a doctor urgently...i've headache now..but this is around my eyes, which i often get due to lack of sleeping and continuosly watching computer and tv....help me...will this b any major problem...
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:06 pm

While the episode of vomiting concerns me, I'm taking it you never lost consciousness. You still could have suffered a mild concussion (usually the reason for isolated vomiting after a blow to the head) although you describe few other symptoms of concussion. If the preorbital headache, which you relate to lack of sleep, doesn't go away and/or if you have any more vomiting, nausea, or, especially, any visual disturbances, you then should see someone urgently. Otherwise by now you've probably had all this resolve.

Please follow up with us here and let us know how things have gone since the accident. Best of luck to you.