Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: A/C and headaches

alemayehu3 - Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:22 am

I just recently moved from Seattle to Las vegas and Since i have been here I have had a headache almost every day. I was wondering what was causing my headache and if it had anything to do with A/C?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:01 pm

It is entirely possible that A/C (I assume you mean air conditioning?) and the overall arid climate in that area, could be causing some irritation in your sinuses and producing headaches. A/C has a purposeful drying effect, and the outside air there is generally extremely arid anyway, so for one not yet acclimated to these conditions, an almost constant headache wouldn't be surprising at all. While there are obviously other potential causes, this one does jump out at the top of this list. I'm not sure what can be done about it, however. Time to acclimate may cause it to lessen or go away. Meanwhile, ibuprofin may become your new best friend.

Good luck to you with this. Please follow up here if there are any more questions.