Forum Name: Headaches

Question: pineal cyst with migranes, nausea, fatique, tectal plate fla

agatha - Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:05 am

I have been diagnosed with pineal cyst. I am having daily migraines accompanied with nausea, fatigue, behavior/mood changes. No hydrocephalus but tectal plate flattened.

Need answers
Agatha
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:36 pm

User avatar Hi Agatha,

I'm sure you're aware of how common pineal cysts are and how unusual it is for one to actually produce symptoms. If the cyst is large enough (rare) it can cause mass effect against the tectal plate (flattening). This could account for your symptoms but
also may not. Much would depend upon the size of the cyst. Do you happen to know the size of the cyst? If so, that might help, as they rarely are symptomatic unless they surpass 10 mm.

Please follow up with us and if you have the information that would be a big help. Good luck to you. We'll await your followup.