Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: body jurks during sleep?

stargirl - Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:04 am

Hi I am a 21 year old female who has a long history of ill health-
increase in fatigue, low energy, cold, weakness, anxiety, hypoglycaemia, increased thirst and frequent urination.

About 7months ago i was diagnosed with a bone tumor of the orbit, biopsy showed it was benign. However these last few months the eye where it is has gone swollen, am getting dull throbbing headache+pressure feeling inbetween eyes, and my peripheral vision from that eye has gone (visual field test).

Anyway the thing that concerns me is recently ill be asleep and then my whole body will suddenly violently jurk/spasm and startle me awake, and i have a surge of a weird scared feeling/like adrenaline rush. I don't have this all the time, its just annoying. Do you think this could be due to the tumor?
Could this be neurological related?
Thank you.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:20 pm

User avatar Hi there -

I believe you posted a similar question in another thread, and I've responded to that one in detail. Please refer to your other post for my response.