Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Severe migraines, neck stiffness, numbness & pressure

lala7699 - Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:01 pm

I am suffering from severe migraines, stiffness in the neck and back, numbness in the right arm from shoulder to fingertips. My doctor has told me that I have pesudotumor cerbri. I also have sleep apnea and I am an obese woman as well. I have taken different medications for the headaches but no relief of pain. I am going on 8 days with severe head pain, sensitivity to light, nausea, and extreme pressure behind the eyes. I don't know what else to do!
 jlpetersek - Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:38 pm

MY mother is having sever migraines that have caused her have temporary paralysis and become very confused. She has seen a MD and had several CT and MRI but the only answer we have received is that her brain is swelling to the point that is it preventing adequate blood flow to the right side cause the paralysis. The doctors have prescribed pain meds but they are not helping. This problem occurred about a week and a half ago and is only getting worse. Please help.