Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Tingling / slight numbness in little finger after dental sur

Mrcomplications - Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:39 am

Fristly sorry if this has been answered many times, I have searched and found a few similar posts but there is something missing.

Last night (1 day after tooth extraction under sedation (drug like diazipan I think) my little finger was tingling like never before, this occasionaly went down my arm a bit. And kept me up all night. I am 26 years old male
This morning it is still a little tingly / numb but not as bad. I thought it was OD on nicotine patches as I had 1 just above the elbow 8 hours beforehand, I was also on tramadol for the pain of the tooth before extraction.

I have not hit my elbow or anywhere else as far as I know but am very paranoid as my simple collapsed lung turned into a 4 operation ordeal that you would not believe. :o(

Any advice would be great, and if you require any more details please post although I am not good with dates of surgery (2 years ago) or drug names.

Thanks in advance
 Mrcomplications - Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:49 am

After several sleepless nights and worried sick from reading different causes of this. It turned out to be some form of trapped nerve, gone in 3 days but annoying as hell.

I would say, laying in the "feetle" position with my affected arm straight really eased this. Though I did not sleep until I was exhuasted! :o(

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us