Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: Feeling Heat while working at Keyboard (Computer)

wajahatabbas - Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:16 am

I am an IT professional, and in this field from last 7 years.

From last 2 years, i feal very sensation, heat in my hands & fingers while using keyboard.

It looks like my fingers are heat sink. Its really difficult for me to work on keyboard especially due to the pain( heat).

Please advice, what should i do?
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:09 pm

It seems very likely, both due to the symptom described and the sort of work you do on a regular basis, that this is likely a nerve-related problem caused by faulty ergonomics or posture (more likely the latter). The heat may be a manifestation of nerve pain and could be due to pressure on the nerve outlet at C7-T-1, or could even be due to bilateral thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS). Seeing a neurologist would probably be your best bet, although an orthopedist may also be able to determine if you show any physical signs of TOS. If so, often physical therapy or a home exercise program can often relieve the symptoms. I think this is by far the most likely cause of the sensations given the information provided.

Good luck and my best to you.