Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: contraception and diamox (acetazolamide)

emma0121 - Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:52 am

im currently on 250mg acetazolamide due to fluid in the brain. doctors believe this was caused by my weight gain.im hoping to go on the depo provera injection for contraception as i have had this before and found no problems with it but was wondering is it safe for me because of the medication im on?i feel a lot better i no longer have headaches and my eyesight feels normal again.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Mon May 18, 2009 8:39 pm

User avatar HI there --

There's no information in the literature that would indicated any conflicts between Diambox and Depo Provera, although your doctor should be able to give you the most specific information based on your history and specific issues. The fluid could be a problem, but the medications themselves, together, should not.

Good luck to you with this and please follow up with us here as needed.