Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: post concussion syndrome

 prgracing - Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:05 pm

my question has to do with an mvc that happened 10 days ago.
i have had previous concussion from racing in the past causing me to loser vision in both eyes but only for a couple days. headaches for up to 2 months after the last 1.
this time i was invovlved in a mvc with no protective head gear as ive had in the past. i hit the left side of my head fairly hard against the window of the car i was in that was struck. im still having severe headaches behind my left eye. blurred vision in my left eye from time to time.pain scale. good days, 4, bad days 12/10.

my question is when will my vision come back or what do i need to do
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:21 pm

User avatar Hi,
It would have been nore helpful if you had provided details of the MVC (motor vehicular crash) and the symptoms you experienced immediatly following the crash(amnesia, loss of consciousness-if any,etc) and some of the signs(periorbital edema,conjunctival chemosis,proptosis etc).

As you seem to have been diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome, i take it that direct eye trauma was ruled out.

Symptoms referrable to the eye following an MVC may result from
- blunt(closed injury to the eye globe) or penetrating/perforating eye trauma and
- extra ccular injuries(including orbital injuries).

It is difficult to hazard a guess without examining the patient carefully.Therefore, i suggest that you should consult an ophthalmologist as soon as possible. Best wishes!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us