Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: Numbness on my left side, REPLY QUICK!

rusenik - Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:42 pm

The other day, my left side, starting with my arm went numb. My tongue also went numb as well as the left side of my face. I am fifteen, what is going on??? HELP!!! I am really scared!
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:56 pm

Dear Rusenik,

It's really hard to diagnose what you've got, it's got alot of possiblities.,..if you can just go to the ER, and tell them what you've got so they can run the appropriate tests on you including a CT-scan on yourhead and neck...have you had an accident or any kind of trauma recently?when did all that start,by the other day you mean 2 days ago!!?! all of a sudden...and increased over hours,days ?

if it was only your face, i wouldn't have worried much, but it's taken all your left side??! move quickly and keep me updated,

take care,