Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: Elevetated T2 signal in white matter of brain

laroux - Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:02 pm

So I have had several MRI's on my head and there is an unanswered finding. The MRI report states that, "small foci of elevevated T2 signal were noted within the deep white matter. There are several tiny foci within the right anterior and mid frontal lobe. There is an additional focus adjacent to the occipital horn of the left lateral ventricle. This is greater than typical for normal elevated T2 signals in this region."

It states later that the levels are abnormally high for somebody my age. So, what does this mean? I have seen several doctors and no doctor has ever addressed this finding. I had a spinal tap to check the CSF pressure, so I would assume they would have checked for MS then. (I researched and it said it could be the early stages of a demyelinating disease)

Is this finding anything to be too concerned about?

Thanks!
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:31 pm

With the amount of details provided, it is difficult to give you a very specific answer. However, i suggest that you read my reply to a somewhat similar query by clicking on the following URL. The information may be of help.
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=49437&hilit=+MRI+of+brain