Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: My Finger is Numb and I Don't Know Why!

subtle - Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:08 am

Please help me- I don't know what's wrong. The tip of my ring finger on my right hand went numb suddenly yesterday and hasn't recovered yet. I was carrying a bag in that hand and walking home after work and thought the finger had just "gone to sleep" but the numbness got more intense at times and less intense at times but the numbness has been there since yesterday evening. I have no pain and this has never happened to me before. I am pretty worried. Thanks for any advice.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:39 am

Dear Subtle,

Try and do some alternate warm then cold foments for your finger 5 minutes each to increase the blood circulation in it and see how that goes.
If you recognize color changes or the problem persists/gets worse ,please go to the ER.