Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Question: ulnar nerve pinched in palm?

allaei - Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:32 pm

every time after I take a yoga class my right pinky/palm feels tingly and half-numb. yoga requires you to place yourself in a lot of poses, the main one being one that places a lot of your weight on your palms.

normally after a class, my right pinky goes numb for about half a day and goes away, but the numbness that started last friday has not gone away up til today.

the reason i know that it is my palm is because this weekend i was doing some laundry and had to lean over my basket to get something on the dryer, placing my weight on my palm on top of the dryer. when i did that, electricity shot through my hand and pinky and the numbness increased. this morning i took another yoga class, and when we got into the pose mentioned above, i had the same feeling of electricity shooting through my hand.

i researched and found that the ulnar nerve is generally pinched at the elbow, but I don't think that this is the case for me. I'm worried that I will have to get a surgery, and I'm hoping that there is some alternative.
 gt1924 - Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:46 pm

I CAME ACROSS AN ARTICLE THAT SAID YOU CAN GET A PINCHED ULNAR NERVE IN THE GUYON CANAL WHICH IS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND. JUST TYPE GUYON CANAL SYNDROME IN AND WEBSITES WILL COME UP.
HOPE I COULD HELP!
GOOD LUCK!