Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Headaches

Question: Back of head headaches

Hawaiigirl2 - Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:34 pm

For the last 2-3 weeks I have been having headaches in the back of my head and sometimes they will be in the very top of my head. They are not sinus-type headaches rather like a pressure headache. A dull type pain.

I am 50 years old, on meds for high blood pressure which keeps it pretty normal most of the time so I do not know why I have begun having these headaches. I am worried I could have a brain tumor or something. One night I woke up and had some tingling in my fingers as well. This only happened on one occasion so I may have been sleeping with my arms rasied above my head. Any thoughts on what these headaches could mean?

Thanks!
 helpmydad - Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:44 pm

my dad is 85 , he,s in unreal shape, always has been very active , i still cant beat him at
racket ball. hes never had a smoke , or a drink. he eats healthy, hes happily married and he relax,s in a jacuzzi every night... the back of his head , ache,s almost constent and he feels
at least alittle dizziness, not sick just dizzy. he,s been to the V.A. a handfull of times without
result,s . im sure theres something simple i can do for him , i just don't know what.. he,s
givin alot of his life to chairty,s in fact he founded operation big brother , big sister back when i was a kid. i have to do something for him , please help me in any way you can,
i don't care if its middle of the road stuff or strange new wave snake oils , please help me,
i cant stand to know hes in pain ! i truly thank you for any help ...
helpmydad
 steelwidow - Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:19 am

Please help. I don't have insurance so going to the doctor is an option, but going in debt for it isn't something I want to do...

For 4 days I've had pain behind my left ear, just past the skin that doesn't have hair on it...

A little bit of nausia accompanies this pain... if I take motrine it will go away for awhile but it comes back big time...

Suggestions?

I've been dealing with a sinus issue on that same side of my head for about a year, but this feels different than a sinus headache...

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us