Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Have I been poisened?

mat0120 - Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:49 am

Hi, I don't know if this is the correct place, if not I apologise.

We have recently had a wasps nest near our house, we bought some Raid wasp killer to deal with the problem. When spraying the spray the wind blew some in my face and I breathed in a very small amount-I immediately washed off the foam on my face.

I looked on the internet and found this website

http://www.getipm.com/html/symptoms.htm

From that diagram I have the following symtoms:

Vomiting &Nausea (I recently went to a party however and had a bit too much to drink & cold)
Fever/flu like symtoms (I have a cold)

Tighness in chest (is this becasue I am thinkig about it all the time)

Rapid heartbeat ( It feels fast however I don't know what my usual heartbeat is)

Diarrhea ( connected to the party-cold etc?)

It is now 3 days sice I sprayed the wasps and those are all the symtoms I have had at some point

Do I have anything to worry about or do you think I am over-reacting?

Thanks
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:02 am

User avatar If it has been 3 days and the symptoms have not worsened, I don't think you have anything to worry about. You may have ingested just a small amount to make you midly ill, although it sounds like your symptoms are related to other things.
 mat0120 - Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:10 pm

Thanks for the reply

My symptoms may be related to what other things? The things I mentioned? Or something else?
 mat0120 - Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:08 pm

I've just counted how many beats my heart does in a minute. It was 102 beats a minute-this is very high isn't it? Whats going on?!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us