Medical Specialty >> Neurology

Doctors Lounge - Neurology Answers

Back to Neurology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/04/2017.

Forum Name: Neurology Topics

Question: Tip of right ear and face going numb and tight.

MNPEEPS - Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:08 pm

The tip of my right ear has been going numb for 4 weeks now after the first week it spead across my face. My face has stayed numb and tight for 3 weeks my ear comes and goes. I also feel dizzy and shakey. That also comes and goes.
I have had bood work done, x-ray of the sinus and seen my doc 3 times and my ENT.
Please help I feel like this is out of control.

CCross - Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:29 pm

the next time you see your doctor, ask them about bells paulsy. I have it and if I get stressed it flares up. The right side of my face goes numb and tight and that side is basically paralyzed. you can tell I have it too, the right side of my face, my smile is never up like a normal smile. just ask about it. the same thing happened to me.

I am 17 and my first episode happened when I was 13. I was told I am the youngest person to ever have it. I got it, well it flared up again about 6 months later, and the doctor told me it is extremely rare to have it flare up more than once, especially someone my age. I have had approximately, 5 flare ups. It is a part of my life. I have learned to deal with it.

Good luck, hope this has helped.
 MNPEEPS - Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:38 am

Thank you I will forsure ask them I am going back in soon.

When you had a flare up how long does it last?

I have actually started feeling better. My cheeks still feel weird but it not as bad.

Thank you so much !!!!!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us