Doctors Lounge - Neurology AnswersBack to Neurology Answers List
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.
Date of last update: 10/04/2017.
Forum Name: Headaches
|VAGUS - Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:24 pm||
I'm new to this site, so please bare with me...About 2 months ago (Mid July 2005) I’ve had a bicycle accident and hit the electricity post with my head. Everyone thinks it's funny but that how it all started. At the time I refused to see a doctor or go to the hospital because I thought it was nothing and endured the pain with left black eye for 2 weeks. I'm very actively fit so I still continue to exercise everyday (running, biking, walking, boxing, yoga and more). Then my family and I got invited to go to Six Flags. And of course knowing myself, I had to have fun and experience some rides. We did Pandemonium which I thought was weak and Twister was fantastic but then after the ride I wasn’t feeling well and felt nauseated. So needless to say, we had to stop and went home. A week later …
August 9, 2005 – Sleep all day (Wasn’t feeling good)
- Boxing for 30 mins to warm up
- Run w/ Brother around seven/eight
- Drank Pilon Expresso shot
- Energy booster up
- Weight lifted for 30 mins.
- 12:00 am suddenly felt tired went to bed
- 12:20 woke up because of nightmare
- Headache / Right shoulder hurts / couldn’t stand still
- Probably pulled a muscle
- When to Kent County Hospital
August 10, 2005 - Kent County Hospital
- Head CAT scan (Brain) – findings no midline shift / no intracranial hemorrhage / no hydrocephalus / visualized sinuses are well aerated. Reported by DR. MILLER (M.D)
- Lumbar (SPINAL TAP FLUID) Puncture – Findings : none
- Released w/o explanation
August 13, 2005 – Warwick Medical Walk-In
- Dr. Chang
- Headache like no other like 20X of migrane
- Butalbital w/ aspirin and caffeine
- Headache went away
August 14, 2005 – South County Hospital
- Couldn’t stay still (Nerves was up)
- Tested for Lyme disease
- Advised to stop taking Butalbital
- Diagnose with Post Concussion Syndrome / ANXIETY
- CAFFEINE Allergy
- Vicodin (5mg), Motrin 600 mg, Lorazepam 1 mg
- Stated Drinking DOXYCYCLINE 100mg (Prescribe by : Dr. Chang) to treat lyme disease
August 22, 2005 - MIDLAND MEDICAL Walk-In (Cranston)
- Check up / Follow up
- Feeling tired all the time
- Right shoulder / hand / foot feeling numbness
- Diagnose with vertical vertigo (Fingers press down on shoulder)
- Referred to Chiropractor
August 24, 2005 – DR. CALIRI (Warwick)
- Heaven and hell begins
- XRAY of bones
- Found out that my Spinal Cord is not sea shell form but SNAKE form
- Begin Pinching of the nerves
- Straightening Spinal cord
- Aligning of short leg
- Aligning of neck because of accident
- For 2-4 Hours I feel nothing but after everything is contracting
- Muscles, nerves, everything
- I felt HOT and Cold at the same time but no fever
- ICEPACK is the only advised medicine
- 2 weeks of Agony and then finally I stopped the sessions because I couldn’t take the pain anymore.
- It’s seems like it was adding more pain to my headache.
- STOPPED MEDICATION as well.
September 19, 2005 –STILL RECOVERING
- Need Second opinion because
- Still gets Headache (not severe) from
- RIDING CARS / WALKING / LOOKING DOWN / UP / WATCHING MOVIES / USING COMPUTER / MOVING FROM SIDE TO SIDE (NECK)
- Not taking any medicine but Ibuprofen
- Sometimes vision is hazy and dizzy
- At the end of the day my head feels heavy, neck pain, back shoulder pain
- Where is the headache coming from?
- How long is Post concussion syndrome normally?
- How do you deal with anxiety when it attacks?
- Do I have a neck problem because of accident or Chiropractor?
- Am I still dehydrating?
- Do I need MRI?
- Will my Vertical Vertigo go away?
- Do I need Therapy?
- Am I heading for a stroke, blood clot, Artery block?
- WILL IT EVER GO AWAY or is this permanent?
I JUST TURNED 33 TWO WEEKS AGO...
PLEASE I NEED HELP...
|VAGUS - Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:01 am||
No need to reply...I went to my doctor 2 days ago and she gave me some muscle relaxation medicine and steroids. I don't have the headache anymore. Cyclobenzaprine (Muscle relaxation) seems to work on me. The steroids I haven't taken yet and I really don't want to.
For now I'm on one medication and I'm fine with it.
|| Check a doctor's response to similar questions|
Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?
Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community
Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.
Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.